Pastor Robert and his wife Kim Barnes are going on a mission trip to Uganda tomorrow. Folks are lined up for preaching and the church is in great hands. There’s great teaching from Charlie Deeg, Keith Jackson, Paul Manuel, and hopefully weekly communion will continue–we are struggling with getting someone in on March 11.
If you want to know more about their trip and pray, here’s a Facebook group:
And here’s the organization with which they are traveling.
How can you pray?
- No rain, or just enough to make everything look like a lush African vacation.
- That God will open doors of ministry, blessing partnerships and friendships.
- That those who serve will be led by the Holy Spirit and recognize open‑door opportunities.
- That God will lead his people past barriers to hearts ready to receive his Word.
- For strength and stamina as missionaries encounter antagonistic spiritual forces (Ephesians 6:10–18).
- That people will resist Satan’s plans to obstruct the spread of the gospel (James 4:7).
- That God’s Word will indeed spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes.
- That God will provide opportunities for the Barnes’ in isolated areas to spend time with other believers.
- That God will provide times of peace and relaxation to refresh his workers.
- For restoration — physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually — that can only be found in Jesus.
- For a great boost to their marriage and love for one another